Planet Haolewood

A toolbox, a change of underwear, and a surfboard.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Just a Tourist


Tourists in rented convertibles sometimes cruise Kauai highways with cameras held up, simply photographing the view from the road. Those of us who live here shake our heads and wonder what kind of idiot would take pictures of the road that we drive on every day. We’ve become jaded to the beauty around us.

So I had to laugh when I found myself pointing my camera out of the window of moving cars and trains as we traveled through India. “Look!” I exclaimed, “there’s a cow on the road!” I can only imagine the Indians who saw me thinking, “what kind of an idiot would take pictures of a cow on the road? What’s so unusual about that?”

Snapping photos from a moving car yields about on picture worth keeping for every twenty taken, but it’s something to do on a long ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home