Planet Haolewood

A toolbox, a change of underwear, and a surfboard.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I Would Rather Sit by a Waterfall than Sit at a Bar: A Short Rant


I don’t like bars. Why would anyone want to spend time in a bar? I can’t imagine anything more boring than an establishment whose purpose is to provide a place for people to sit around and do absolutely nothing. I have probably spent less time in bars than the average person of my age and I’ve never enjoyed it. The only exceptions were when I played pool or when I hung around pubs in London and played cards. I enjoyed myself because I was playing pool or beating my friends at Hearts. The bar was just a convenient location.

As a place to socialize it’s just a notch above a firing range. How many people are tearing up their vocal cords and ruining the hearing in the shouting matches that pass for conversations in bars right now? I would prefer a quiet café or a park or a beach. Maybe people go to bars to meet people but the only people you are going to meet in a bar are people who like to hang around in bars! And why would I want to meet them?

4 Comments:

At 8/07/2006, Blogger Summer Pierre said...

Boreas--
I thought I was the only one in our crew of friends who didn't do the bar thing! GEEZ, where have you been all my life?? I will hang out in a cafe or livingroom or by a waterfall anytime you like.

 
At 8/07/2006, Blogger BOR-ee-us said...

Yeah! Down with bars! Up with waterfalls!
(UP with waterfalls? hmmm)

 
At 8/07/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you on all of that, Bor, but the only reason you won all those Hearts games is because we were in London, so we were playing on the wrong side of the road...

Matt

 
At 8/28/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats why you're not getting slapped Bor! Who would slap someone by a water fall!? I don't know, Hawaii might not be the right place to try and get slapped... do people slap or get slapped in Paradise?
Sorry, just a bit fixated on this whole slapping thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home