Planet Haolewood

A toolbox, a change of underwear, and a surfboard.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Avocados, DVDs, etc...

A recent survey of Ramblinmatt’s delightful blog has served to remind me that a lack of something profound to say does not preclude a blogger from providing amusing or even totally uninteresting tidbits for faraway friends to read. So without further ado, here are…er… some things.

I love avocados. I never met anyone as into avocados as I am until my newest housemate moved in. I thought of myself as an avocado connoisseur but this guy is like the Dali Lama of avocados. He seems to have a perception of their quality and ripeness that extends beyond the five senses. And keep in mind that the avocado situation is considerably more complicated than on the mainland. Sure we have the avocados from California and Chile but we also have several varieties of locally grown avocados that have unique ripening processes. I call my housemate “the avocado whisperer.”

I’ve reached that age where electronic devices are becoming more and more confusing to me. Yesterday I tried and failed to watch a DVD while house sitting. It took me at least 10 minutes just be able to turn on the TV and have a program appear on the screen. As further sign of my ‘retreat from technology’ my Netflix queue has run totally dry. The last movie I had sat on my coffee table for a month before I watched it. Despite the slow rate of consumption I haven’t been putting enough movies in my queue to keep up. I was once an enthusiastic champion of Netflix. Now it seems I may be burning out.

Finally something for all you big city folk: A local guy was telling me about his recent trip to Chicago and New York City. I asked him what he thought and paused to consider before repying, “plenty people.”

3 Comments:

At 6/10/2007, Blogger Matt said...

That's all fine and good, but where are the pictures of my dogs?

 
At 6/12/2007, Blogger Summer Pierre said...

Yep, I can vouch for the "plenty people" in NYC. You know what you don't see much of in NYC? Matt's dogs. You don't see more of Matt's dogs in NYC.

 
At 6/12/2007, Blogger Matt said...

I'm trying to book Fife's one-dog show "Poop for Breakfast" off-Broadway, but unfortunately he refuses to work for scale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home