Planet Haolewood

A toolbox, a change of underwear, and a surfboard.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

What I Do at the End of the Workday


Perhaps some of you have noticed a dearth of photos on my blog lately. My camera broke and when I went to my old camera I found it was broken, too. I’ve ordered a new camera which is a good thing since I live is such an incredibly photogenic setting. One could simply take pictures at random and come out looking like the next Ansel Adams.

In the meantime, enjoy this picture my co-worker took from our job site this week. The house we are building overlooks a spot known as Donkey Beach. Most days out of the year it’s not a good surfing spot. But from this week’s rare combination of a long period southeast swell and light variable winds sprang forth an excellent surf break where there is usually none. The conditions lasted throughout the week. Every member of our five man finish carpentry crew is a surfer and we watched helplessly as perfect sets rolled in. On Friday the swell was starting to taper off but it had enough life in it so I went down and surfed a break I had never surfed before. A great way to start a three day weekend.

2 Comments:

At 6/13/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of camera did you order?

 
At 6/13/2008, Blogger BOR-ee-us said...

Canon Powershot SD 1000

 

Post a Comment

<< Home